How to make Pendrive Bootable This question definitely comes in the mind of people whose CD drive is either damaged or is not there. Many laptops come in which there is no CD and DVD drive, then if those people want to install Windows then you have to make Pendrive Bootable. In this post, we will know how to make pendrive bootable without any software, if you have internet and you are not technical, then you can use PenDrive Bootable.
How to make Pendrive Bootable using the command prompt
First of all, if you do not have an internet connection in your computer and do not have any software with which you can create a bootable pendrive, then you can make a bootable pendrive only with the help of a command prompt. –
1. First install your pendrive on your computer
2. Now press another button with the Windows button on your keyboard, which will open the RUN command. Now type CMD here and enter, this will open the Command Prompt window.
3. Now type diskpart
4. New command line window will open as soon as you type the disk part.
5. Now here you have to type another command, whose name is list disk, take special care of spelling, if your spelling is wrong then no command will work.
6. After typing the list disk, a list of all the desks connected to your computer will be included; this will include both your hard disk and your pen drive. Now to check them separately, the size is writing in front. If there is a hard disk, then obviously it will be more than the size of the pen drive and the pen drive will be of lesser size.
Both will be written in front of disk 0 or disk 1, whichever disk is written in front of the pen drive. You have to remember the same or not, you have to type the name now. Next is to write select disk and the name of your pen drive. For example if you have written disk 1 in front of your pen drive name, then you have to write here select disk 1 and enter it.
7. If your disk has been selected, you will see the message, now you have to type clean and enter, this will clear your pen drive and delete all data, after that you have to type Create Partition Primary and press Enter.
8. Now, types select Partition 1 and press enter
9. Now your disk partition is one selected, now we have to format it, we will format it in NTFS, for this you have to type format fs = ntfs quick
10. Now, your pendrive has become a bootable pendrive, now to activate always, then for this, we have to type the next command to activate and enter
11. Now simple after this you have to type Exit and exit
12. Your bootable pen drive is ready, now whatever setup of operating system you have, copy it into your pen drive and boot your system.
How to make Pendrive Bootable by software
The second way is very simple, people who are not very technical, they can easily convert their pen drive into a bootable pen drive, for this you have to go to https://rufus.ie/ and here you have a small application You have to download only one MB, here you have to put pen drive in your system and just go to select option and select the disk image which is saved in your computer and click on start in few seconds. Your bootable pendrive will be ready.
So this is the tutorial of How to make Pendrive Bootable.
Read More: SSD Vs HDD Lifespan Which is Better