Today we will talk about what is the use of the Function Keys of keyboard (F1, F2, F3……….F12). And how can we use them as shortcuts. So in this post we will know Use of Function Keys of keyboard in computer or laptop.
Actually all people use the keyboard shortcut of the computer, but they rarely have to use the Function Keys of keyboard ( F1, F2, F3……….F12 ). Because our work gets done with the other keyboard shortcut of the computer. For this reason, people do not use the Function key most of the time.
But if you know the use of Function Keys of keyboard ( F1, F2, F3……….F12 ) and use them, then you will be more comfortable and enjoy working on computer or laptop.
I hope that you will be using computer for a long time and after getting information about Function Keys of keyboard ( F1, F2, F3……….F12 ) your work will become easier.
How to Use Function Keys of keyboard
F1 Key : Help / Help Center.
- The F1 key is used to get help; you can do this to open any Internet browser or Microsoft Windows Help Center. With F1 key you can reduce 3 shortcuts
- Open Help Center = If you need help in any program in any computer program, then you can read all its help content by pressing F1 key.
- Open Microsoft Windows Help Center = Use Windows + F1 to open the help center of Windows 10 or any Windows.
- Open Task Pane = Using Ctrl + F1 key, you can Show or Hide Task Pane.
F2 Key : Rename Selected File or Folder
- We use the F2 key to rename any file, folder, or program. Although you can also do the work of Rename with the right click of the mouse, but it becomes quite easy by using the F2 key.
- Rename File and Folder = To rename any file, folder or program of Windows, you go to its icon and press F2 key as soon as its icon is highlighted and you can rename it.
- Alt+Shift+F2 = Open document windows in Microsoft.
- Ctrl+F2 = To see Print Preview in Microsoft.
F3 Key : Open Search Box
- Function Key F3 is used to open the Search Box. Use F3 to find a word in any application or browser on a computer or laptop.
- Search on Windows = To search any app in Windows.
- Search on Browser = To search any word in Internet browser.
- Shift+F3 = Change text in Microsoft Word.
- Windows Key + F3 = To open Windows Advance Find Box.
- Use F3 to open Mission Control on an Apple computer running Mac OS X.
- Note: Normally we also use Ctrl + F shortcut key to open Search Box, but by using F3 this work becomes easier.
F4 Key : Close Application or Computer
- In the old version of Windows, Windows XP, the F4 key is used to open the search box.
- Ctrl+F4 = To close any one application.
- Alt+F4 = Shut down, Restart, Sing out, Sleep, Switch user, or close all programs on the computer.
- Open Address Bar = To open the address bar in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
Function Keys of keyboard
F5 Key : Refresh or Reload
- F5 is used to refresh or reload the Windows document. You can refresh by pressing F5 on the open page or computer home screen in any browser.
- Refresh or Reload = To reload or refresh the open page of all Internet browsers.
- Complete Refresh = F5 is used to completely refresh the web page as well as clear the cache of the browser.
- To refresh any Conant Folder or List.
- F5 is used for Find, Replace, and GO in Microsoft Word.
- To start Slide Show in Microsoft PowerPoint.
F6 Key : Move Cursor on Address Bar
- F6 is used to move the mouse cursor to the address bar of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera Mini or any other browser. In laptop, F6 is used to reduce the speaker volume.
- To move the cursor of the mouse in the Internet browser to the address bar.
- Ctrl+Shift+F6 = To open another document in Microsoft Word.
- You can reduce the sound by pressing the F6 key in the laptop.
F7 Key : Spell & Grammar Check
- F7 is used for the following tasks.
- You can reduce the sound by pressing.
- In laptop, you can use it to increase the sound.
F8 Key : Extend Selection
- Open Safe Mode = By pressing the F8 key while opening the computer or laptop, it goes to Safe Mode.
- F8 is used for Windows Startup Menu, Windows Recovery System, and Windows Installation CD.
- To display thumbnail for all work-space in Mac OS.
Function Keys of keyboard
F9 Key : Update Fields
- F9 is used for the following tasks.
- To refresh MS Word document.
- To send or receive email in MS Outlook.
- To open the Measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
- To open Thumbnail in Mac OS 10.3 or above.
- In laptops, it is used to reduce the brightness of the screen.
- In Apple Computer (Mac OS), Mission Control is opened by pressing Fn + F9 simultaneously.
F10 Key : Highlight Menu Bar
- F10 is used for the following tasks.
- To Highlight Menu Bar in MS Word.
- Pressing the F10 key on Highlight Icon, File, and Internet Link and right-clicking with the mouse are the same thing.
- To increase the brightness of the laptop screen.
- To View Open Window or Active Program in Mac OS.
- In MS Word or MS Excel, it means to restore the size of the file.
F11 Key : Switch Between Full Screen to Normal Mode
- To switch (enter/exit) to full screen mode or normal mode in all modern and new browsers.
- To Hide All Open Windows or Desktop Windows in Mac OS.
Function Keys of keyboard
F12 Key : The F12 key is used for the following tasks.
- To save the document in MS Word.
- Ctrl+F12 = To open document in MS Word.
- Shift+F12 = Save the document (like Ctrl+S) in MS Word or MS Excel.
- Ctrl+Shift+F12 = To print MS Word document.
- To open Developer Tools in any Internet Browser.
- To show Hidden Dashboard in Mac OS.
- By pressing the F12 key at the time of start up of the computer, the computer goes into boot mode, and there we can access the list of boot-able devices. Like you (Hard Drive, CD or DVD drive, Floppy drive, Network and USB) drive) can select different device to boot from.
So friends, this was the information about the Function Keys of keyboard ( F1, F2, F3……….F12 ). I hope you liked this information. If you liked it, then share it with your friends and if you have any question or suggestion, then definitely write it in the comment box.